image: header

image: inkwell header

Welcome to The Inkwell, the blog site of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) of Colorado.

Each week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you can find a wide variety of topics and insight
from inspiration to instruction to humor and more!

For detailed information on ACFW, click here to visit their main website.

______________________________________________________

Monday, November 23, 2009

Forgetful Things

This has been a crazy month. I've been participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). For anyone who might not know what that is, it is where you go crazy for a month with a purpose. You lock your I.E. (Internal Editor) in the basement, even if you don't have one. If necessary, use Duct tape. Then you write 50K words as fast as you can and hope you hit that words count before running out of the days in November. They don't have to be good words, just words. You have to be highly focused to reach that goal. Well, at least I have to be highly focused.

So I've been looking at my calendar and reminding myself that I was up to blog on the 23rd. I even thought about it that morning. But my focus was centered on NaNoWriMo and my words count (I was behind and trying to catch up), and so I spaced it.

It can be like that with God too. We get so busy with all the things going on in life that we space God. We are so focused on the task at hand or the current crisis or whatever else is swirling around us that we forget to look to God.

I'm reading a book by Max Lucado called Facing Your Giants. In there he talks about David. How when David focused on God, it didn't matter how big his problem was or how big Goliath was, he knew God was bigger. As long as his gaze was on the Lord, there was no giant too big. But when he took his eyes off of God, even a munchkin was too much to handle.

Often we don't look to God when there is a munchkin standing in front of us because we think it is just a small problem and we can handle it. But God wants to help us handle all our problem, big or small. He also wants to share in our joys and triumphs.

So during this busy season of the year don't forget God.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Diane Marie Shaw said...

Mary,
Good reminder. I too have been in another world with NaNo and have not put God as a priority. After reading your blog I realize that time with Him will not only improve my life, it will improve my novel.
NaNo user name: Shortstuff
Diane

Paula said...

Thank you, Mary.

 
Copyright ACFW Colorado | Layout and Graphic Design Eagle Designs