image: header

image: inkwell header

Welcome to The Inkwell, the blog site of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) of Colorado.

Each week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you can find a wide variety of topics and insight
from inspiration to instruction to humor and more!

For detailed information on ACFW, click here to visit their main website.

______________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time Management

LOL Okay, just to make sure everyone understands why I'm laughing at this month's topic . . .

I make the schedule of who will blog when each month. And with the officers of the three chapters, we decided what the topic of the month would be back in January. So . . . this month had an extra Friday. That was last Friday, July 2. And I assigned myself to introduce the topic and get the ball rolling.

Only . . . I didn't.

And now it's after 11:00 a.m. Tuesday morning.

This is rather ironic. I've studied time management, taught time management, given advice on time management. Others tell me how organized I am. And my bent to toward being that. But . . . life has a way of intervening, as I'm sure you've all realized by now.

Last week when I was thinking about how to kick-off this subject, I had just come off an all-nighter Wednesday night, trying to finish a project that had to be on the editor's desk Friday. In order to meet that deadline, I had to have it to the nearest UPS Store by 6:00 p.m. Thursday. I made it . . . with two minutes to spare!

Friday, I thought about this post several times as I cleaned my very-neglected house before my sister and her family and my hubby arrived for the weekend. Housecleaning is at the bottom of my list of things to-do. And yes, I'm a list maker. Once again, as I dealt with several layers of dust, I thought about getting someone in a couple of times a month to clean. Supposedly that would free me from the cleaning marathons I usually find myself in. Only I'm one of those people who would feel obligated to clean before the cleaner comes. Sigh. Not very time effective then!

So now you know my struggle with time management. I'll be back Friday with a little more serious post . . . maybe. In the meantime, I'll work on that to-do list!

Have a wonderful, productive week!

2 comments:

Bonnie Doran said...

I identify with your pain. My biggest problem is probably the opposite of most. I sometimes have more time on my hands than I know what to do with, so I don't. Although I balk at schedules, it can help keep me on track with writing. Now if I'd only take the time to make out a schedule!

Paula said...

I was thinking about your personality test and how strongly you came out on the introvert side, and your intelligence mode test and how strongly you came out on the verbal/linguistic side and it helped me understand how you can spend so many solitary hours working!

 
Copyright ACFW Colorado | Layout and Graphic Design Eagle Designs